Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I leave on February 2 (a little over a week) to begin my semester in Mali. I will be studying Gender and Development through the School of International Training. For the most part we will be living in Bamako (the capital city) with host families, though we will be doing some traveling, including to Timbuktu, so, the name isn't a total lie. At the moment, after having been home for way too long, I am pretty anxious to start the trip.


I will have an email list, but, I will try to update this blog as mu
ch as possible as well (hopefully with pictures). It will all depend upon how available the internet is. Until then, I will be packing and trying to remember French.

If anyone should get the urge to send me a letter, post
card, package or anything else American, my address is:

Risa Griffin

c
/o Modibo Coulibaly
World Learning/S
chool for International Training
BPE 2953
Bamako, Mali

I have been warned that the mail system is pretty unreliable, but, efforts would be greatly appre
ciated.

No comments: